Llama llama Red Pajama

Gunnar has a new favorite book.
Llama llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney has fantastic rhyme and repetition...and since Gunnar knows some of the rhyming words he has started "reading" with us! Gunnar fills in "down", "phone" "moan" (which he picked up just because it rhymes with phone") and most of the "mamas"(there are a lot of those). He also adds sound effects like 'smooching sounds' when we read "kisses" and "La La" which is Gunnar's idea of singing when "Baby llama hums a tune."  Lately when we get to the last few pages he realizes the book is about to end and he gets upset and frantically starts turning the pages back to the beginning again...
You know it's a good book when you don't mind reading it 10 times a day! I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever get old...but I think the real joy is watching Gunnar participate.

In other news: I am so mad at myself. My dad came into town for 3 days to play with G and I did not dig out the camera once...I've been so bad about this lately. But it was an incredible and awesome weekend for G getting to spend time with his "Pa!" They played hide and seek, chase and the "drop" game all weekend. And they even enjoyed a fun trip to the Children's Museum on Sunday! When G realized "Pa" was gone today he went from room to room calling "PA!" and when I told Gunnar that Grandpa went bye bye he got super sad and cried some big crocodile tears and needed to be held and kept throwing his head on my shoulder in sadness....I'm pretty sure it was his first official heart break. So sweet...and sad at the same time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts