Sneezes and tears

Today while shopping at the store mommy had a big sneeze. I was looking at something and wasn't paying much attention to the phrase Gunnar was saying over and over growing in volume. Finally he was able to catch my attention when I realized what he was saying to mama was "Bess you" (or Bless you!) and when I looked down at him he was looking me in the eye with his hand on his heart...it was the most genuine and precious thing. I didn't expect it because its not something he's ever said before...and I haven't tried to get him to say it ever so its not like it was coached. It's just something he's picked up...I guess...and it broke my heart. I got all choked up and started crying right their in the window panelling aisle of Kohl's.  I touched his cheek and told him how sweet that was and he smiled at me and touched my cheek back. But he wasn't exactly sure what to do with these emotions coming out of mama...so he did the only thing he could think of to perk me up...
He SPELLED HIS NAME ALL BY HIMSELF shouting each letter proudly and announcing his name at the end of the spelling! Though we've been working on this one...he's never said it all by himself and usually only alternates letters when prompted.
I can't believe all of the things spilling out of his mouth these days...he's growing so fast.

Yesterday was Gunnar's 18 month checkup (he's actually 19 months...but that seems to be the pattern of his visits...always a month late)
At 21.75 lbs he is still in the 10th percentile for weight
He grew 2 inches bringing him to the 50th percentile for height
and his head continues to be in the 90th percentile...I guess that explains the big brains.

Here are some photos from Memorial Day. Photos by Daniel Lehner.

















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts