the USB is a spoon?

So this morning as I was tirelessly trying to make banana/egg pancakes (which never worked out for me) my son was sitting at the table using a USB cord as a spoon for his yogurt...

While I was trying to figure out how to flip pancakes I hear: "this is for eating with! Yum! Yum!"

I look up from my sticky mushy frying banana mess to see Gunnar using one end of the camera USB cord (which is plugged into my laptop) as a "spoon" for  his honey/greek yogurt.

Instinctively I get mad.

Very mad.

I yell.

I yank cord out of his grasp.

I take him to time out.

He screams.

I scream back.

The reasonable side of my brain is telling me to calm down. The reactionary side of my brain is furious at myself for not paying attention and taking it out on this small 2.5 year old.

Mommy and son take a Time Out...

We kiss and make up.

We discuss USB's are for computers and never for mouths nor are they used for eating.

"How should we eat yogurt?"

"With spoons Mommy"

"That's right honey...only spoons"

"Yes Mommy that's right Mommy"

We carry on with our morning...
about an hour later I get the giggles thinking about the whole situation. I'm lucky. My child has never tried to climb out of his crib or stick his fingers or anything else in outlets, he's never even tried coloring on the walls or experimenting with food or animals...yet.

But he has tried using a USB as a spoon...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts