Baby Friendly...

[Okay...I know I promised pictures of Gunnar signing...but it's going to have to wait until my camera gets fixed. Next week I promise.]

There is something to be said about a restaurant that gets it...
Moms you know what I'm talking about. How many times have you been to a restaurant that is sooo clueless about catering to babies. Maybe their highchairs are outdated and the buckles don't buckle...or there is no place to change the baby in the bathroom. There's nothing baby friendly on the menu and the waiter rolls his eyes when you ask if they can bring out plain yogurt. So when I come across a restaurant that bends over backwards for my little one...you bet I'm going to write home about it...better yet I'm going to write this BLOG about it!

About a month ago John and I went out to brunch with our friend Brea. Brea was in charge of finding a spot none of us had been to, since we like trying new places. Our first choice was a skip due to the 45 minute wait so we went on to the second option which was a little brunch spot on North Sheridan called "TWEET".  Brea ran inside to see about a wait, and although there was a 10 minute wait the hostess offered orange juice and coffee while we waited...so we decided we could bear the wait even with our squirmy 1 year old. The wait wasn't bad at all and was TOTALLY worth it once they brought us to our table...for what I found was hands down the most family friendly experience I've had at any restaurant to date!!!!
Moms and future restaurant owners take note of what TWEET did so RIGHT:

Upon arriving at our table we found:
1. A fully functioning highchair complete with paper underneath for all the food that fails to make it into Gunnar's mouth.
2. A basket, no I'm serious (see picture), of baby friendly toys including books, activities and stuffies for Gunnar to enjoy should he become impatient sitting around.
3. A baby bowl with sliced bananas and a baby fork (waiting there for Gunnar when we sat down...no need to order it...just there waiting for him to scarf down...which he did...promptly and then ordered 2 more)

When we met our awesome waiter Max, the first thing he did was ask Gunnar's name. Every time he came by the first thing he asked was if he could get anything for Gunnar and he played peek-a-boo games and made silly faces with him throughout the meal...so great!

And that wasn't all...the food was out of this world. The menu was killer. There was something for everyone, I mean...name your food allergen...they've got a plethora of food options for you. Vegan? No problem? Gluten allergen? No problem...There was so much to choose from and everything sounded so delicious that I did have some troubles choosing. But Max let me order kiddy pancakes for Gunnar in the adult variety of pumpkin to share with G so that I could also get the egg dish I had been wanting. Amazing. And those pumpkin pancakes were probably the best thing I've had for breakfast in 8 years...seriously, amazing!

So take a note from Gunnar's Mother, if you're in the Chicago area and looking for a delicious brunch spot that is cute, fun and BABY friendly...look no further than "Tweet" --5020 N Sheridan Rd.
http://tweet.biz/eats

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts