Hello Again...

I've been putting this off.

I think time got away from me again and I feel it's time for a little update...and hopefully I can be much more on it these days (I don't know if I'll go back to daily posts...but I think I can promise weekly ones).
I have 2 friends in labor tonight...so it's fired me up and got my blood pumping just thinking about what they're going through.

I have to admit...I find myself giving googling eyes to all babies under the age of 9 months.
Don't get me wrong. I am in heaven with this stage Gunnar is in right now (more on that later)...but BABIES...babies...infants...how I miss those sweet days of snuggles and sleeping in my arms. Those days flew so fast I can't believe I'm typing this as the mother of a nearly 14 month old. I get it...I get why women just keep going, having baby after baby. Now I'm not going to go all Michelle Duggar on you...NO WAY...but I'm saying it makes sense. That time is so precious and gone in a FLASH. Why wouldn't you want to just capture that moment again and again?

Well I'll tell you why I won't...yet.
1.Because I can't imagine being pregnant and chasing around a 14 month old.
2.Because we don't have the space. (And especially sense we will definitely be moving within the year---not by choice)
3. Because practically, I don't want to buy more baby gear, double strollers, double car seats, etc.
4. I want to spread out the baby love.

But I find myself nostalgic for all my friends who have had babies in the last 6 months....snuggle your baby 5 minutes longer tonight for me...I wish I could.

But...
We are at such a fun time my friends. We are at the crossroads of a new development. A little something called COMMUNICATION!! We have contact folks! My child and I are able to speak through alternate forms of speaking and yes, by george...we do in fact...communicate! "AMAZING!"
Yes I think that's the word these two girls used at Starbucks today when they witnessed Gunnar signing "More Please" for the prized rice krispy treat I was sharing with him.
It is amazing! All of a sudden his cries have cut in half...he communicates instead of whining. It's a miracle. And it took what feels like a life time.
I started showing Gunnar signs when he was 5 months old. I don't know why I thought he'd pick them up so early...but I was hopeful. I wanted to give up so many times...but I pressed on for 8-9 months...and now he gets it. And he LOVES learning new words. It is so much fun. I cannot recommend it enough! In my next post I will take pictures of Gunnar doing some of the signs he knows.








But since the little genius is currently sleeping...for your viewing pleasure these are some pics from our Holiday Vacation! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts