A Must Read...

August has come and gone...
and I find myself writing this blog on a brand new blogger template that has me a little wary of it's "sleekness".  Many people have asked me if I've given up on my blog...

No.

 I still plan to write. Especially when I need to. But it doesn't serve the same function as it did when I started it back in February...which was to motivate me to get out of bed and do things everyday. I don't need to write a blog to be motivated anymore...I rediscovered my motivation somewhere along the way and then just out of habit continued to write everyday and almost felt like I was a slave to it. I needed a break...

Ever since I started rehearsal for "Red and Green" I have felt the need to pinch myself on a daily basis. Could I really be living this life? Cherishing time with my 9 month old son by day, feeding my passion and art by night? It has been incredible. I find myself dreading October 10th when I will wake up and this project will be done...will it ever happen again? So instead of spending time blogging I've been spending every waking hour that I'm not memorizing lines or reading "Peek-A-Who?" looking for a way to keep this feeling alive. Searching for the next project...

...but a few weeks ago my aunt Lisa drew my attention to a book that seemed to be directly related to the play I'm now working on. I felt compelled to buy it immediately, just in case it could inform my character.  But it did so much more than just that...

I have never been that girl who stays up all day and night to finish a book that I couldn't put down...until Little Princes, One mans promise to bring home the lost children of Nepal.  I never could have imagined that a biography about a young man volunteering at an orphanage could be so inspiring and adventurous. This book has every element anyone could possibly want out of a novel: suspense, redemption, adventure, humor...(oh he is so funny) and love.  When I finished the book at 2am last night I felt like a changed person. That I needed to devote my time and talents to making a difference, like this man had done in Nepal.

I don't know what that means for me yet...but I couldn't help but think how wonderful this world could be if everyone acted on instinct to make a difference when they saw injustice the way Conor Grennan did in Nepal. That is the kind of world I want to live in...

...Read this book. Don't check it out from the library...buy it (proceeds go to the children's home he started in Kathmandu).

Comments

Popular Posts