July Goals

So my July goals are going to be quite minimal because Gunnar and I are going on a road trip with my parents for half of the month...but I still have a few things I'd like to make happen...Here they are:

1. Finish Gunnar's 0-6 month photobook on Shutterfly.

2. Finish making and list my Monster Mobile on Etsy.

3. Get at least 5 more things listed on Etsy before leaving on road trip. And prep a bag full of items to hand stitch in the car for the road trip.

4. Here's the Fun one: To try something new at every restaurant I go to in the month of July (when applicable)...

...So for as long as I can remember I've been a pretty plain and sort of picky eater. There are quite a few things on my "DO NOT EAT" list...but it's seriously time to update that list. I've learned that my taste buds have definitely matured in the last 5-10 years and I've discovered when trying things that I used to "hate" I find myself wondering why I had ever hated them in the first place. I've recently taken mushrooms off the DNE list along with swiss cheese, avocados and as of yesterday: condiments on my hotdog. So I'm ready to take an adventure this month in the culinary world. Wish me luck!

Here are some of the current foods on my DNE list (to be put to the test):

  • Fish of every kind (including shell fish)
  • Sushi (obviously)
  • brussel sprouts
  • Sub Sandwiches (other than Tuna and Turkey, which I do like)
  • Blue Cheese (strangely enough I like gorgonzola so I think I need a re-taste)
  • Mustard (though I had a little yesterday on my Chicago Dog...and um not going to lie...thought it brought out the flavors quite nice...this may be going off the list soon!)
  • Potato Salad
  • Egg Salad (the thought of this makes me want to gag)
  • Hard Boiled eggs (see above)
  • Cole Slaw (this is on it's way off the list..I've tried a little bit lately and think I might be liking it)

Comments

Popular Posts