Music for Baby...

So lately Gunnar has been super into listening to "tunes".  He doesn't pay much attention to "mom and dad" music but when I put in one of his "kid" CD's he does the little torso grooving, hand waving baby dance which accompanies his open mouthed grin and oodles of baby giggles and coos.

We have a couple of decent compilation kid CD's which all have the their own groundbreaking (read: sarcasm) renditions of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep"...but if you're looking for different and clever songs and lyrics Raffi might be a better choice.

But an adult can only take so much "Twinkle Twinkle" and Raffi in any given day.  Which is why I was so excited to find a children's channel on Pandora.  I just typed in the charming aforementioned baby crooner and wallah! Instant kid mix! It's so much easier to listen to "kid" music when you're not listening to the same 15 songs on repeat. And Pandora does a nice job of mixing in some tunes from the "adult" genre that is appeasing to young ears like Jason Mraz's "I'm yours" and Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World".  From listening to this station I've also learned that some of my favorite bands also have Children's albums...like: The Bare Naked Ladies, Lisa Loeb and Jack Johnson.

Snack TimeCatch the MoonSing-A-Longs & Lullabies for the Film Curious George (Jack Johnson)

And if you don't like listening to all of those interrupting commercials on Pandora you can upgrade to Pandora One like we did....which gets you unlimited music commercial free for some crazy low cost like $12/year (don't quote me on that...I'm not getting paid by Pandora to tell you about this service...I just think it's great!)

In Other News: It's been my goal to try new things in the food department as mentioned in my July Goals.

So here's what I've tried so far:

Watermelon Gazpacho: Yum!! Will do again!
Halibut: I had to try it for the Hal-i-bit! Just a bite from John's dinner...not bad...not too fishy I might be willing to try ordering it as my own entree next time.
Roast Italian Beef Sub: Not a fan...I wouldn't order it again any time soon...too much bread. Didn't like the taste of the beef which made the sandwich bun soggy and gross.

 I'll let you know when I venture into other new territories!

Comments

  1. You're so funny. Emma loooooves Jason Mraz, Michael Buble, and Lady Gaga... so that's what we listen to! She loves when Ryan sings Ben Folds to her (especially "Emmaline" duh). She has the one CD with nursery rhymes set to a heart beat that she listens to when it's time for bed but that's it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts