Royal Wedding Indeed...

I was delighted to hear Gunnar's cry this morning at precisely 3:45am!
I sprung out of bed with excitement! It was as if Gunnar had read my mind and knew that I was hoping he'd wake a little earlier this morning for his morning feeding.  I told John last night "IF Gunnar wakes up for a feeding around 4am...you bet your butt I'll be turning on the "telly" to tune into the Royal Wedding LIVE!!" So as soon as I finished feeding G, I plopped him back in his crib and raced into the kitchen made my self a spot of English Breakfast tea (with milk of course), and got cozy on the couch with much anticipation to see Kate's dress.

Nine years ago I was in London for a more somber Royal procession...as I was studying there when the Queen Mum died in April of 2002. I took to the streets, like so many did today, and watched the princes follow their great grandmother's casket as they marched down the streets in their military regalia. But I can't imagine how exciting it must have been to be in London today to witness such a day for rejoicing and celebration.

I really thought I'd only stay up to catch a glimpse of Kate's gown...but once it started I was hooked... I LOVED EVERY MINUTE!  I particularly enjoyed the sermon given by Rt. Rev. Richard Chartres, Bishop of London. Especially when he ended with:

"every wedding is a royal wedding with the bride and groom as king and queen of creation, making a new life together so that life can flow through them into the future."

How true.
I couldn't help but remember details from my own wedding as I watched Kate and Will this morning. There were some similarities there...SURE...um let's see:

1. She wore a white dress.....SO DID I!!!
2. Kate's dress had pleats....SO DID MINE!!!
3. Kate had a cathedral length train....ooooh oooh...me too!!!!
4. Her sister was her maid of honor....This is UnCANNY!!
5. Kate's hair is brown....MY HAIR IS BROWN (although her's might be natural...I dye mine...I won't lie)
6. The Choir sang a beautiful John Rutter piece....My mom and her sisters sang a beautiful John Rutter piece at my wedding...that similarity just sends shivers down my spine...see? Similar tasted in MUSIC!!!
7. Kate's father walked her down the aisle....MY DAD WALKED ME DOWN THE AISLE!!! (Shut the front door!!!)
8. Kate didn't wear a necklace....NEITHER DID I!!!! (Ooooh that's a good one!)
9. They sang hymn: "Love Divine, All Loves excelling"...okay this is getting creepy...so did WE!!!!
10. Kate married a true gentleman and prince...and so did I!!


 In other news...Step one of Mommy Makeover is complete. Hair Dyed. And look...I even took the time to brush and straighten it today! WOW! But yeah...still no makeup...one step at a time.

Comments

  1. Haha! Love this! And your hair looks great! So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts