Well I never thought I'd read that...

So I've always found it somewhat comforting to read a fluffy novel that sort of curtails the kind of life that I am currently living. For example...when I was a nanny I loved reading "The Nanny Diaries"...not for it's sublime literature, but more for the compared experience, even if it is "fiction".

So of course right now I am drawn to the "mommy fiction". Sadly, the enormous Borders bookstore by our house is going out of business. So I dropped in the store today to see if I could find any steals worth buying.  I was more hoping to find children's books but clearly that department was swept weeks ago (all I could find was a chewed up dinosaur drawing book and a chocolate advent calendar, oy!). So instead I found myself digging through the fiction section for any book that caught my eye.  And what I ended up with a few "mommy fiction" novels for 80% off:

Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella. I read the first book of her Shopaholic series and thought it was an easy cute fluffy read...so why not see what her take is with a baby! (I'll review it when I'm done!)

This Little Mommy Stayed Home: A Novel by Samantha Wilde.  The title and price alone got me to take this one home...hoping for a light fluffy read. (Again, I'll review it once I've read it!)

This isn't fiction, but the other day my father-in-law gave me this hillarious little book:












The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit by Jill Conner Browne

A "for-laughs" book about raising kids...don't take it seriously...it's just for fun, but there are some good tips thrown in! I've already read through half of it and Miss Conner Browne writes with a humorous style that might make you laugh out loud...or maybe you'll be offended, I don't know.

So along with these and the book we selected for my new book-club (yay!) should keep me reading for a month or so! Yay!

In other news...Gunnar is the Toe-Sucking King. I've got to get a picture of this...but it is his new favorite activity and it sure makes me laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts