A glimpse of working life...

So today I had my callback for "Mommies! A musical Blog"
John came home early to watch G around 1pm and I had to leave almost immediately. Strangely I was more nervous about leaving Gunnar than going to this callback. I don't know why. John is a perfectly capable father...I guess I just realized no one has had G for longer than 2 hours alone other than me. I was nervous that he wouldn't get his naps and might get super cranky. But John was assuring and great and told me everything would be fine and said "Just Go and Rock your audition".

I can't say how well I did. I am my worst critic so if I think about it too hard I might convince myself that I completely blew it. But I had fun and enjoyed hanging out with a bunch of fun ladies for the afternoon. Everyone was super talented and I was honored to be among them.

But as soon as that callback was over I was so excited to get home and see my boys.  While I was gone Gunnar went on a walk with daddy, took a 30 minute nap and ate some bananas! He and daddy were playing on the floor when I got home...it had only been 4 hours but I missed him so much! We played peekaboo and giggle games until it was bath/bed time. I guess that's what it would feel like everyday if I were working or if I (fingers crossed) get this gig.  I held him a little longer before I put him down to sleep tonight...and I guess that's just what you do when you have a little less time with your kid...you savor the time you do have.


Having fun with daddy!

Comments

Popular Posts