It has been 3 years since I've been to my home state of Colorado. Getting back there is harder now that my parents have relocated to Minnesota. But this weekend John and I introduced Gunnar to the colorful state where his mommy was born and raised.
Gunnar did SO well again on the plane. No tears. No screams. In fact, we had several strangers compliment us on our "well behaved baby". As soon as we arrived I could feel those purple mountains calling me...they always do, but this time they were so close! I tell everyone I have a sixth sense which is my built-in compass...no matter where I am in the world I can feel where those mountains are...and that way I always know which way is West (unless I'm on the other side...and then I get all kinds of mixed up...).
What I miss about Colorado:
* The crisp clean air...it's so clean, never humid...
* Downtown Denver
* The old Tattered Cover Bookstore in Cherry Creek (it's no longer there...but it was and will always be my favorite store)
* Skiing in the mountains. My heart hurts when I think I won't be skiing every year...and that Gunnar probably won't learn to ski when he's 3 as I did. I have so many fond memories of skiing at Winter Park...I wish we had the $$ to go every year just to ski.
* Beau Jo's Pizza (Yum! We stopped at the original- Idaho Springs- on this trip)
* Washington Park...our family church was across the street from Wash park it would be a great place to live near now that I have a baby.
*The crazy weather! While we were there we saw nearly 90 degree heat AND a snowy white out! That's Colorado!
But what I miss most...is THE PEOPLE. I got to see so many friends and family who I miss like crazy! I didn't get to see everyone...I wish we had had more time...but next time I promise we'll stay longer.