There's no place like home...

It has been 3 years since I've been to my home state of Colorado. Getting back there is harder now that my parents have relocated to Minnesota. But this weekend John and I introduced Gunnar to the colorful state where his mommy was born and raised.

Gunnar did SO well again on the plane. No tears. No screams. In fact, we had several strangers compliment us on our "well behaved baby".  As soon as we arrived I could feel those purple mountains calling me...they always do, but this time they were so close! I tell everyone I have a sixth sense which is my built-in compass...no matter where I am in the world I can feel where those mountains are...and that way I always know which way is West (unless I'm on the other side...and then I get all kinds of mixed up...).

What I miss about Colorado:

* The crisp clean air...it's so clean, never humid...

* Downtown Denver

* The old Tattered Cover Bookstore in Cherry Creek (it's no longer there...but it was and will always be my favorite store)

* Skiing in the mountains. My heart hurts when I think I won't be skiing every year...and that Gunnar probably won't learn to ski when he's 3 as I did.  I have so many fond memories of skiing at Winter Park...I wish we had the $$ to go every year just to ski.

* Beau Jo's Pizza (Yum! We stopped at the original- Idaho Springs- on this trip)

* Washington Park...our family church was across the street from Wash park it would be a great place to live near now that I have a baby.

*The crazy weather! While we were there we saw nearly 90 degree heat AND a snowy white out! That's Colorado!

But what I miss most...is THE PEOPLE.  I got to see so many friends and family who I miss like crazy! I didn't get to see everyone...I wish we had had more time...but next time I promise we'll stay longer.






If I had a wagon, I would go to Colorado
Go to Colorado, if I had a wagon I would
If I had a wagon I would go to
The state where a man can walk a mile high
 
If I had a Chevy, I would drive to Colorado
Drive to Colorado, if I had a Chevy I would
If I had a Chevy I would drive to 
The state where a man can walk a mile high
 
If I had an airplane, I would fly to Colorado
Fly to Colorado, if I had an airplane I would
If I had an airplane I would fly to 
The state where a man can walk a mile high
 
If I had a spaceship, I would land in Colorado
Land in Colorado, if I had a spaceship I would
If I had a spaceship I would land in
The state where a man can walk a mile high

My sister and I used to sing this song all the time. 
We even sang it for an Army General who gave us Gold coins for our performance!

Comments

  1. You make CO sound amazing! Love the bit about the pull of the mountains!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts