I also must share the "made my day" moment of today...Dr. Jenn Berman (parenting guru and author of my go-to-Parenting Bible "Super Baby: 12 Ways to Give Your Child a Head Start in the first 3 year") commented on my blog! Wow! I feel like I spend an hour every day with Dr. Berman as I refer back to the book constantly...and now she knows about me and my little G! That is just too cool! If you haven't checked out this book yet, you should...it's written well and has really helped me understand the kind of mother I hope to be.
Okay... Now here is the part where I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! I leave on Monday for my first plane trip with Gunnar...and I am more than apprehensive about the journey. So to those of you mommies who are Expert Travelers (and by expert I mean...you've flown more than me...flying once makes you an expert in my book) Please answer any of these questions if you can. And for you moms looking for the same advice I will post a blog after my trip with the advice that helped me the most!
So here goes nothing:
1. What are the "must haves" to bring on the plane?
2. What items should I check and what gets gate checked? (Do I have to pay for gate checking? Never done it... Do I need tags for gate checking?)
3. Any tricks for baby on lap, on plane?
4. Tricks for changing baby on plane?
5. I have the Chicco Key Fit car seat do I need to bring the base or is there a way to strap it in the rental car by itself?
6. Do you trust Hotel cribs?? Bring your own sheet?
7. What do you bring to the beach with a 4 month old?
8. How do you go through security with a baby? Baby Bjorn? How do I get my shoes off with baby?
9. What kind of blankets should I bring to Florida?
10. Tricks on sleeping in a hotel with a baby??
11. Should I just forgo the bedtime routine (especially time)? Or stick to it? Or modify?
12. Hmmm to bring the full breast pump or just the hand pump (I rarely pump...maybe once a day, if that)? And breast feeding in a bathing suit?? Hmmmm....
13. Anyone done Disney World with an infant? Which Park is best (we can only go to one)? What rides can you do with baby? Tips?
14. Swim diapers...do you have a preference (there only seem to be 2 kinds) swimmers or splashers?
15. Do I need to inform Delta that I have "infant in arms" before I get to the airport?? I can't find any information about this...
16. Sunscreen? Bugspray? Discuss...
17. Must have travel baby items?
18. What do you do with a baby who doesn't sit up yet at the beach? Just hold him? Hmmm....
19. What's the best travel advice you got before you traveled?
20. Did I forget anything??
|and for your viewing pleasure...Baby Bunny Gunnar!|